Thomas Kinkade Studios
Bambi's First Year
Bambi's First Year by Thomas Kinkade Studios
Bambi is on a rocky precipice overlooking the terrain of his kingdom and the four seasons of his first year.
An open edition canvas reproduction giclée is created from the original painting by the Thomas Kinkade Studios.
Classic Frames: Aged Bronze, Antique Gold, Brandy, Burl, Black, Espresso
- Open Edition
- Image Size: 12” x 16”
- Frame Size: 17.5” x 21.5”
- Engraved Brass Nameplate
- Ready to Hang
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Made in the USA
Bambi’s First Year is the fifth release in the Disney Dreams Collection.
- Thom has included five hidden N’s in Bambi’s First Year, representing the 5th piece in the Disney Dreams Collection. It is the second release in 2010, as well as the second release in the Epic Eight masterpieces scheduled to release in 2010.
- The central theme of Bambi, the cycle of life, is represented in Bambi’s First Year, by the flow of water. We see rain, which causes snow on the mountains and rivers on the hillside, which eventually join with other streams and cascade over thunderous waterfalls. The element of waterfalls is an effective symbol of the ongoing life force of nature.
- The rainbow at the lower center of the composition suggests that Bambi, as he is perched on the ridge, is perhaps viewing the vision of his early life as seen through the reflective light of memory. The detail and flowers in Bambi’s First Year suggest the innocence and radiant beauty of spring.
- Thom has pictured Bambi three times in the image, representing Bambi’s participation in various seasons. The spring world of Bambi as a young deer is seen on the lower left, the summer world of storms and lightning, which transitions to the winter world of the high mountains, and Bambi as the playful participant in the joys of snowfall. To the right is the “autumn world,” the moment of Bambi’s eventual empowerment.
- Make a note of the great stag in the distance, silhouetted against the rising mist of an autumn forest. Bambi looks over the scenes of his first year and like the butterfly above him, has emerged from the chrysalis of youth into the empowerment of a young adult.
- The mountain in the distance of Bambi’s First Year features the suggestion of the face of Bambi’s mother. Thom intends this element to suggest that the mother is in essence the guiding spirit to Bambi’s life – or in the visual terms of the painting, the “spirit of wilderness”, and as such resides on the towering mountain that is always in view. – Thomas Kinkade
There's a reason Disney's movies resonate with so many—the stories are rich with characters, inspiration, and so much more. The talented artists behind our Disney Art Collection have created those ever-lasting stories in each painting for us to enjoy and treasure for years to come.
- Premium canvas substrate on hardboard
- Hardwood framing with linen liner
- Steel hanging wire.
- Framed with museum-quality materials
Bambi's First Year